Thursday, November 12, 2015

BEST.PRESENT.EVER.




See these shoes?  These are VINTAGE Spanish Leather riding boots.  Super cute, super witchy, and definitely one of a kind.  The last time I saw them I was crying as I threw them into the trash with about seven other pairs of shoes that my dog had destroyed because she was left alone too long during my emergency surgery.  That was on October 2nd. 

On my birthday, November 1st, I opened my present... and found these boots!  I was amazed, and thought for sure my husband had somehow found a pair that looked just like them, but it was even better than that.  After watching how upset I was when I had to throw them away, he pulled them out of the trash when I wasn't looking and took them to a shoe repair place.  They somehow managed to reconstruct THE ENTIRE TOE that had been chewed off one of the boots.  Let me tell you, I sure bawled my eyes out then, too!  This is seriously one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me, and I still can't believe that he did this.  It never even occurred to me that the shoe could be saved.  THANK YOU CM!  I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment