Monday, February 10, 2014

Say hello to the doggieeeeeeeeeee!

Yep, that's right... me, a by nature die-hard cat person, got a dog.  And not just a dog, but a PUPPY.  And NO ONE prepared me for how difficult and time-intensive this was going to be. But then again, just LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!

Right after we got her a month ago... (12 lbs.)

...and just taken this week. (22 lbs.)
I mean, is she freaking gorgeous or what????  She's half Husky and half Terrier mix - mom was half Staffordshire Terrier and half French Bulldog.  Her paperwork says "half Pit Bull," but that's oversimplifying it a bit.  And YES, all you dog activists out there... she IS a rescue.

Her name is Lana, named after Lana Kane from "Archer," if any of you watch that show.  I don't know how we decided on that name, it just sorta fit.  And she's living up to it, too - she's sweet and has a great personality, but she is also a little badass with a really strong will.  I have the gray hairs coming in to prove it, ha ha.

More to come about Lana soon... as it is, I barely have time to eat and sleep when I'm working, going to school, and trying to train a puppy.  Sometimes I feel like I had a little furry child.

***Update 3/22/14***
- Have I idiotically been going around saying "Stratfordshire Terrier" all this time?  I mean STAFFORDSHIRE, obviously.  Whoops... just changed it above. -



1 comment:

  1. Oh Autumn she is just gorgeous. Bless you for adopting you won't be sorry. I am so glad you are taking her to training so many people don't do that and that is when our Rescue ends up with the dogs the families have lost patience with. Keep us posted with lots of pics of beautiful Lana, she looks like quite a lady.

    Blessings & bliss
    Sue

    ReplyDelete