Thursday, October 4, 2012

Etsy new store items!

I wanted to post pics of some fun new stuff I just made, since I hardly ever write about my store!  (That's probably because I neglected it for the past few months, but shhhh... we don't need to go into that now, ha ha...)  See all the items, and my store by going here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/AutumnDamiana

Awesome 4-piece set!
1.  Here's an African/tribal/island jewelry set I just put together.  It's made from coconut beads, genuine aventurine, and these neeto silver beads that kinda remind me of zebras.

The set comes with a matching 24" necklace, 7" bracelet, and pair of earrings that hang about 2" from the ear.  The pendant itself is about 2 1/2" long, and I'm not sure what kind of stone it is.  If anyone does know, please feel free to share!

This just screams Samhain (or Halloween)


2.  LOVE LOVE LOVE this crescent moon necklace!  When I made this, I was thinking about the article I published in the 2013 Llewellyn's Magical Almanac called "Dark Moon Meditations."  (If you are interested in reading it, it is the very last one in the book!)  Anyway, The "pectoral" look of this necklace, as well as the bold silver crescents, iridescent beads, and black accents made me think of the paragraph in my article where I talk about dark Goddesses, namely Hecate.  I tried really hard to incorporate three moons into it, but the pieces just wouldn't cooperate and I ruined two of them trying to punch new holes and so finally gave up.  I ended up calling the necklace "Waxing and Waning" since that name seemed to fit it best.

Is hemp still cool?  Or am I stuck in the 90's?
I haven't made a hemp necklace in a very, VERY long time, but this pewter yin/yang pendant just seemed like it would work well with hemp... and I think it does!  If you look closely, you will also notice that it's not a traditional hemp necklace... the cords are much finer and more even.  That's because they are actually made out of linen!

There are black and clear beads and pewter spacers to match the pendant, which has black and clear rhinestones.  The back has a lobster claw clasp, also unlike a traditional hemp necklace, which was usually buttoned or tied on.  I think it turned out to be adorable, and I'm sure some hippie wannabe (like me) out there will love it as much as I do.  Besides, it's retro!

Sweet, simple, and timeless.
This is the last new piece I have for right now.  It's just some cute pewter charms (I guess I'm really into pewter right now...) strung on a pewter chain that I had.  And almost everyone loves celestial motifs!

The necklace is adjustable between 16" and 19", making it suitable for children or adults, and it can be worn as a choker or a longer necklace depending on the individual.  I think it would make a nice gift!

That's all... but new updates soon!  (I promise!)


No comments:

Post a Comment