Monday, October 29, 2012

A Question For All the Pagans

Hello all,
Here is a question for all of my fellow Pagans, Witches, Wiccans, Druids, Shamans, New Agers, and any other magical folk:  what do you think I should make for my Etsy store?

If you do a search on Etsy for "Wicca," "Pagan," or even "Druid," (a search for "Witch" is too broad, as a lot of it is Halloween stuff) most of what pops up is about what you would expect: candles, incense, oils, and jewelry galore.  There are also a lot of wands, crystals, garb, and various divining tools.  I'm trying to come up with new and inventive products for the magical community, so I'm wondering what kinds of handmade things all of you out there WISH you could find.  Anyone with any ideas?

I have been selling mostly jewelry through my store, which is not a bad thing.  However, I want to be selling a greater variety of magical items.  So I have posted a few things that I make that I have not seen elsewhere or that I see very rarely.  Examples are:

Original Collage/Artwork
Themed Travel Altar Kits
Beaded Mosaic Pentacle Plaques
Kids Interfaith "Best Friend" Necklaces

I realize that the last one still qualifies as "jewelry," but it combines two things that I also don't see a lot of on Etsy:  interfaith merchandise and things for Pagan/Wiccan kids and teens.  With so many Pagan families "out of the broom closet" and raising children, I would think that there would be a need for items in both of these categories.  But then again, maybe the market is not there yet and I'm just a little ahead of the times.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for something that might sell well or fill a niche in the magical community, I would love to hear your thoughts!  Just leave me a comment if you want to weigh in on what you think would be a great handmade item.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your mini altar kits, and I think the interfaith best friend necklaces are a great idea. The pentacle is lovely as well, and more variety of ritual tools would be great.

    I haven't found Etsy to be the best forum for selling original artwork, but that could just be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what you have so far is lovely. Honestly, I have been looking for a DIY Leather-bound Book of Shadows kit. I have had no such luck with that. I can't even find templates for the front of my BOS.

    ReplyDelete