Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Druids at PantheaCon

I've only met a handful of Druids in my life, but if they and the ones at PantheaCon are any indication, I'd say that Druids know how to party.  The House of Danu ritual with Danse Macabre on Sunday night of the Con was a riot.  The ritual itself was beautifully done, and we got to do some spiral dancing, which is always a favorite for me.  But  I especially liked how at one point we all left the presentation room and then paraded through the lobby of the hotel, making music, dancing, waving flags we had made, whooping and cheering, singing, clapping, and generally making spectacles of ourselves for the bystanders of our ilk, who were clapping and catcalling along with us.  What a damn fun bunch of people we Pagans are.  I have no idea what all the other "regular" guests of the hotel must have thought, but I'm sure they were jealous.  :)

The after party in the House of Danu suite was also a lot of fun.  Danse Macabre was there again, playing for the guests, and I now consider myself a fan of theirs.  If you have never heard their music, you can check it out here:  http://www.thedansemacabre.org/  I got to sample some absolutely DIVINE mead at the party, too.  Not sure what that pisswater they were calling "mead" was that I've had before, but now I know better!  And I'm definitely more interested in Druidry.  Not just because of their fabulous booze, either, but because I met some really nice people there and had some pretty interesting conversations.  So Druids are both fun AND smart... why wouldn't I be interested?  I'll have to see if I can get my coven mates to go attend some upcoming Druid events with me, as my curiosity has, without a doubt, been piqued.

No comments:

Post a Comment